What is your current job and how long have you been doing it for?
I am an associate in the busy financial services law team at Bedell Cristin Guernsey Partnership. I have been with the firm since 2014 and worked as a paralegal until being called to the Bar of England and Wales in November 2016.
What does a typical day at the office look like for you?
A typical day in the office can be varied – working on corporate, commercial, banking and investment fund matters (sometimes all in the space of a day). Multiple emails, telephone calls and cups of tea! In my lunchbreaks I attend GILA meetings, play the odd game of pétanque for the Bedell team and try to get lunchtime walks in to up my Fitbit steps when I can.
If you weren’t doing your current job what would you like to do?
If I could do anything I would love to be a private investigator – collecting evidence and conducting undercover surveillance.
What was your first job?
I worked as a Saturday girl at Manzur’s hairdressers. I took bookings, washed and swept hair and folded towels. I loved earning money and being part of a team.
How long have you been involved in YBG and what have you got out of being a member?
I have only recently joined and am attending my first event this month. It seems to have lots of varied events and I am looking forward to meeting other YBG members.
What is your favourite thing to do in Guernsey?
Attend local events such as Le Viaer Marchi, Sark Folk Festival and various Guernsey shows. Also, I am partial to a Friday meat draw and then watching the sunset on the west coast.
Which three people would you have at your dinner table and why?
I cheated and have invited 6 dinner guests – the more the merrier:
1. Adele – I think Adele would be so much fun and would be able to hold her liquor.
2. Tom Hardy – Enough said.
3. Donald Trump – I would like to question him about his beliefs and attempt to persuade him to think more rationally.
4. Bear Grylls – I think his survival stories would be a great dinner time conversation.
5. Barack Obama – I think he would be the most entertaining dinner guest.
6. Mary Berry – We could make a deal. I prepare the main and she prepares the dessert.